Hello and Happy Mother’s Day, hope all you mums out here are being deservedly spoilt. I’ve had a busy time of it recently as you have probably noticed with all my blog spam (sorry not sorry.
There is no better feeling than when someone reaches out to you after seeing your work online and being asked to make them something. Especially when you read “I have seen your work online and know you are the one to make me what I want” After smiling upon reading this you do take a moment to think oh no what do they want? Ha ha
This one however I couldn’t wait to start it. I ordered the yarn straight away and eagerly anticipated it’s arrival and always The Knitting Network did not disappoint.
I have never worked with flutterby yarn before but as soon as I felt it I immediately knew why it was used for the puffin. My goodness its so soft, not great to work with though (black ugh). On the black sections of the pattern I couldn’t see the stitches most of the time I had to feel my way with the hook.
Pattern by Olives Toy Box and was super easy to follow. Scheepjes Catona cotton James C Brett Flutterby Chunky with a 3 / 4mm hook used.
This beautiful comforter will be on it’s way to it’s new home soon to await the arrival of it’s new forever friend.
I hope you have enjoyed reading today, take care and enjoy the rest of your day whatever you are doing and I will be back with you soon.
Evening everyone, I hope you’re all having a great long holiday weekend so far (UK). Another week is complete and with it a realisation that I made a mistake on week 6 that I am not now rectifying (Shhhh no one can see it or tell so I’ll not mention it anymore).
This week we did the opposite side to Week 6 and 4 rows of the top and bottom, now it’s really starting to look like a blanket. Can’t wait for Friday and week 8, I wonder if we will start working in rounds now???
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, thanks for reading.
Blimey I’m half way through already, no small squares this week, we just made a big one. This weeks is inspired by seashells and saw us all making up all the squares and one edging.
Had quite a bit of frogging this week though, only through my own stupidity frustratingly. Firstly I almost finished the 2nd row of the edging and realised it was the wrong colour, then I ended up with way more shells than I needed on another and realised I clearly cannot count.
Got there in the end though, I laid it out once I’d finished to take the picture for today’s blog and had to marvel at the amount of work involved so far. You don’t realise when you’re making it because you get lost in the pattern. The colours just hit you and pop.
It’s starting to get heavy now it’s all coming together and can’t wait for next week, Loving it.